Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Taylor Hicks

On May 18, 2006, at 5:55 PM, billhines4@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I hate to contribute to the american idol thread, but someone said that it would be great for harp if he wins and I had hoped so too, a nice bluesy solo album from him with harp, but forget it kids. his handlers won't let him anywhere near a harp, they'll be busy transforming his image to what they think kids will want and will buy music from, and that ain't a blues man or anything with harp. and probably ruin the poor guy in the process. but then he'll have good blues content to write after his 15 minutes are up, haha. sorry, don't get your hopes up, that's the music biz, unfortunately. hope i'm wrong!

Bill Hines

I found out 45....&*()_ (hrumph) years ago that the music business is like getting in a fight with a Bear with a stick........and the Bear has the stick. It's like getting in a hatchet fight with 2 lumberjacks and a fireman.
smo-j