Subject: [Harp-L] Replacing Windsavers on old-270

George Leung writes:

"Hi everyone,

Recently, I found out I have to replace my  windsavers. Even though Harp-on
have instructions on dissassembling  and luing, I still have a few questions:
1) Do I have to take off ALL  of those parts? I just need to replace a draw
windsaver on the upper  reed.
2) Since the Duco Cement, "weld-on" glue, and general purpose  glue are
basiclly white glue, so is all kind of white glue usable? (I  am planning to
use Ross' All purpose white glue)

Thanks in  advance,

George Leung."

....George....at Buckeye several people told me that Bill Romel  sold
packages of self-stick windsavers.  Now even I could replace  old ones if I didn't
have to deal with glue...but I just  couldn't fathom self-stick ones having
sufficient  adherence.  I was assured by those who'd used them that  they were
terrific and that each package comes with 40  windsavers.

I have several old 64's, 280's and 270's...so it's high time  I ordered some
as well.

If you're not interested in those, I'm not sure all white  glues ARE
alike...or would hold a windsaver on well enough.   I've followed several such
discussions on a list devoted solely to  chromatics and one poster whose opinion I
highly respect (he posts here as  well) uses nail polish as his glue if I
remember correctly (yup).  If  you give me a bit more time I'll look back through
those archives and get  back to you with some more information about the rest of
the adhesives  mentioned.

Elizabeth