[Harp-L] Re: Forgotten options for chromaticity

In regard to Brandan's All-Bender Winslow writes:

>It played like a normal diatonic but with full
dual->reed blow bends on all notes. Once he heard that
Rick >had taken out his patents, Brendan and Suzuki
stopped
>development on the all-bender. Too bad, because the
>responder reed itself is not part of Rick's patent...

I haven't minded trying new approaches (overblow
set-up, half-valving, XB-40, Overdrive) but I
understand most won't want to change what they've
become comfortable with. That's why I still say
Brendan's design should be pursued. Of course a
company would be reticent to invest the required
capital and not see a return. (I wonder how Hohner
views the success, or lack thereof, of the XB?) The
All-Bender however would not have the tone, size, feel
and playability differences presented by XB, Overdrive
or valved harps. It could essentially be a standard
harp with slightly wider hole spacing (like a
Bushman?). For those already playing this transition
would be much easier than the other current options.
New generations of players wouldn't even notice.

It's nice to dream...

Paul