[Harp-L] How to get beyond (my) basic limitations?

For many years I have been studying the basic physical movements for playing
the harmonica. I have been playing excersises
that helped me to control the elementary movements as well as the
combination of these movements which I think are
1) the horizontal movement of the harmonica
2) the movement of blowing and drawing
3) slide movement

For some time now, I have to conclude that this helped me to overcome only
the basic limitations of playing the harmonica.
But I would like to be able to play faster and more fluent in every key.

One solution could be to make extensive use of lines which are based on the
layout of the harmonica. Lines that need 'limited'
control over all the variables at the same time. I think this is the
solution Toots uses in a very effective way. The way
he uses the layout of the harmonica is incredibly inventive and creative. I
think his playing of 'Começar de Novo' on
'The Brasilian Project volume 1' is one of the many good examples.

My questions are like the following:
1) Does anyone have ideas on how to overcome the limitations of the basic
physical movements?
2) Are there any excersises suggested by other great harmonica players?
3) Did anyone study the approach of Toots and are there basic guidelines
with suggested excersises?
4) What other kind of approaches do exist that have proved to be valuable?

This could be a great new starting point for me to study for the next
decade.

Abraços,

Wim Dijkgraaf
http://www.wimdijkgraaf.com