[Harp-L] Re: Seydel Melodic Maker

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 08:53:58 EDT
From: MilwHarmonica@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 33, Issue 9 Seydel Melodic
Maker
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Hello, Bulldog. I always read your posts with great interest You and Winslow
are very educated and knowledgeable about the mechanics and techniques of
harmonicas.

This is to inform everyone that the C.A. Seydel Sohne company makes a
"Melodic Maker" 10-hole diatonic, with the exact note setups as the Lee Oskar
"Melody Maker." The Seydel
model is a new one, probably less than a year on the market. Both Oskar and
Seydel harmonicas are airtight and great harmonicas<SNIP>

I have heard of no legal action from the Lee Oskar company about this
"Melodic Maker" name similarity. I have talked to Lee on the phone many times in
the past (not recently), and he is the friendliest, kindest person. Maybe he
doesn't mind the word usage on the Seydel products, maybe he doesn't know about
it.

In either case, it's up to Mr. Oskar to decide if this is a trademark
infringement, or a compliment.

Thanks for "reeding, " John Broecker, Milwaukee Harmonica Club.

Hello John,

Lee Oskar visited our booth at Frankfurt music fair some weeks ago (and I visited his) and I had the pleasure talking a long time to him, introducing our 3Track Service System, which finally is only the next step after the introduction of the replacement reedplate system by Lee about 23 years ago.
http://www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel.storefront/?ObjectID=3579&Locale=en_GB
We agreed that Track2 of this system was Oskars finding and that, according to the the whole customisation and overblow topics, Seydel now invented another Track3, that wasn't even imaginable at that particular time.

I was very happy to be able to talk to Lee. It was actually 4 years ago I met the idol of my younger days in person for the first time and I remind how gobsmacked I was when he played a tune for me.

Talking to him in Frankfurt was a very friendly, even companionate conversation.
From my knowledge, sharing the experience of making and distributing
harmonicas is something that may be much stronger than the jealousy about some harmonicas sold or not sold.

We are very sure, that, if Lee has a problem with the Seydel Melodic Maker, he just would do a short phonecall to his friend and admirer Michael at Seydel in Germany and together we would find a solution that would fit everybody.
Any problem left?

Yours
Michael Timler
www.seydel1847.com