[Harp-L] re: more on modes and positions

I don't think in terms of positions. I think in terms of scales, and use the
easiest harp to find that scale.

For example: when I play Mixolodian and major pentatonic scales in G, I use the
same harp as when I play a blues scale, but it sure isn't played with the same
pattern or in the same location. Hard to see how they're both the same
position. Different notes. Different scale.

I have scales I play based on the music. If we're playing country in G, I have a
scale I use on a C harp. Rock in G I have a different scale to play, same harp.
G minor rock I have a scale on a C harp, G minor funk I have I scale I'd play
on an Eb harp. G min blues, I'd use a scale on an F harp.

We all do what we can with our limited brain power to make sense of the music.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm