[Harp-L] RE: Pro Junior extra pitch problem

On Mar 29, 2006, at 1:56 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I had exactly this problem with a Pro Junior. In my case it was definitely
the speaker. The condition was something the guitar weenies call "Speaker
Cry". I replaced the speaker with another and the problem went away. Hope
this helps

I also think it is a speaker problem. I suggest doping the speaker. Remove it and apply something rubbery around the outer 1-1.5 in of the cone. I use cone repair liquid, but anything rubbery would work. It can also be applied to the inner part of the cone at the dust cap. Let it dry and reinstall. Application can be repeated and area or application increased if needed. Doping will probably make the speaker less bright and perhaps less efficient.

Jim