Re: [Harp-L] sp-20`s, MS, etc.

Each brand has it's supporters and detractors. And once in a while there will be bad apple in the bunch. When that happens we need to get out our micro-tools, magnifying lenses, tuners, pens/pencils/notebooks and a LOT of patience, take a deep breathe and proceed.

Suave Blues Man

You're paying twenty quid/dollars for an off-the-shelf instrument that has the potential to be played in front of hundreds of people or on your next CD. We are all different in what we want the harp to do - play hard, play soft, overblow or not, play fast, play high up, play low down....The off-the-shelf harmonica cannot help but be a compromise. That's why customisers exist and that's why droves of us take off the covers and get out our Lee Oskar kits. If you're deliriously happy with your twenty quid harp as it comes then good luck to you. The rest of us must tweak, and it's a healthy thing so to do. It's good to know what goes on under the covers and be able to put little things right. Make it fit your needs better. Then, when you get a little richer, you'll know exactly what to ask the professional customiser to do for you.

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm