Re: [Harp-L] Rod Piazza's current diatonic harp choice(was MS)

>--- nonidesign@... wrote:
>> I have a couple of the Hering Vintage 1928's 8<
>> The nuts used to hold the screws on the covers come
>>unscrewed easily and fall off. It's a pain in the rump
>>to lose them. I suggest buying a small bottle of
>>liquid Locktite from a hardware store. 8<
>
>Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:57:50 -0800 (PST)
>From: Jp Pagan <jpl_pagan@xxxxxxxxx>
>funny, i've noticed something similar. i have a 1928
>in A. one of the screws that holds the plates to the
>comb unscrews itself from time to time, but also
>manages to screw itself back in! when i take the
>covers off, it doesn't feel any looser than the other
>screws, and i certainly can't just push it in and out
>of the hole. something about when i carry it around or
>play it or whack it on my leg is making the screw
>turn. it's kinda funny. i just peek in there once in
>awhile to see if it's coming out or going back in.
>don't wanna lose it! ;)

  For a short while I sold custom Marine Bands with screw on reedplates and
four screws to hold on the covers.  I hit the same problem with the brass
hex nuts unscrewing themselves.
 In my experience most stock harmonica's cover nuts are either the barrel
type like the MS series and Golden Melody and have plenty more thread than
the hex nuts. Or of course, square - generally the square nuts are close to
the side of the cover that they can't unwind themselves.
-- G.