[Harp-L] re: Feed Blok

I think that large numbers of harp amp enthusiasts bit into buying the Feed Blok when it came out.  It was touted as the cure all for feedback problems, but never lived up to its expectations. I think the inventor/manufacturer claimed that "yes, it appeared that it didn't work with all amps" and that they were going to improve its design--I don't think that ever happened.  Those that tried to dissect its insides were met with a black hardened substance that covered the electronics.

I have one of these and I was successful in determining exactly what was inside these things.  Turns out that it is nothing more than two 250K potentiometers wired in series.  One is labeled tone and one is labeled volume.  That's all.  I did disable one of the pots and it does make a nice volume pot for my mics that have no volume control.  Anyway--

See ya--
Rick