[Harp-L] Re: Blues Deville Speaker Swap

Phil:
"I posted this question a while ago, looking for some speaker swap suggestions...I'm looking for bass response and distortion, to add some dirt to the super squeaky clean Deville...."

If I were in your shoes, the first thing I'd do is ask myself if I LOVE that amp. If the answer isn't an emphatic "yes!" then I'd seriously think about just changing to a different amp before going through the cost and hassle of buying and installing four new speakers. I mean, you're talking at least $50 x four for the speakers. That's $200. You could sell the amp for $300-$400, I'd reckon. So the money saved and the money you'd get for selling the amp bring you up to $500+. Save a little more (and/or scour the second-hand market, ebay, etc.) and you could have yourself a pretty nice harp amp - or a little Champ or Kally and a Harp Commander too. Anyway, just my two cents worth. The old saying goes: You can't polish a turd. (Not calling your amp a turd, mind you, just trying to illustrate a point.)
MN