[Harp-L] Re: Super Reverb

Super Reverbs I think we have all owned at one point, to me they are stiff,
non responsive for harp, and certainly  feedback monsters. Some guys have
master volumes installed to try and get overdrive. One of the tricks we used to
use was cutting all the tone controls to zero and just using the middle
control  to boost the signal, it worked pretty well. I only owned 3 or 4 of them
along with every other amp with four tens, it was a tough one for harp. If you
don't have anything great to test it against, it may sound good to your ears,
it  is all subjective, I remember that one well. You will sacrifice guitar by
dropping preamp tubes, either one closest to power tubes or one on far right,
 or combo of both, but you can try it, you might get past 2 and be able  to
drive the power tubes a bit.