Re: [Harp-L] Toots at Carnegie Hall

Robert -- thanks for sharing this. But I am so jealous of you guys! Even though I've been fortunate enough to have had front row seats at several Toots small club dates over the last few years (including his wonderful performance a while back at the Kuumbwa Jazz Center here in Santa Cruz), it must have been absolutely fantastic to witness the Carnegie Hall affair with all these important and outstanding musicians. Hopefully it was captured on video...

And you got it exactly right, Toots is one of our greatest musicians. Lucky for us that he chose the harmonica.

- Slim.

www.SlideManSlim.com <http://www.SlideManSlim.com>

Robert Bonfiglio wrote:

What a show case for the Harmonica!!!!!!! Toots showed a sold out Carnegie Hall audience that the Harmonica is as expressive, NO more expressive, than the clarinet (Paquito D'Rivera), Piano (Herbie Hancock, Kenny Werner, Eliane Elias), Sax (Joe Lovano), and keyboards (Ivan Lins). Only the human voice could is as expressive.

Rob Paparozzi and I had box seats thanks to Chris DePino. We went back stage and and gave our best to one of the greatest musicians on the planet. Toots - thanks for giving us all that wonderful music all these years that is - "in that little space between a smile and a tear." Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!!

What a show case for the Harmonica!!!

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio