[Harp-L] Re: preamps

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <jaguire@...>
wrote:

> jp said,
>
> "and while the Commander is great
> with the PA, my greatest success has been hooking it
> up to my old Silvertone 1471  "
>

> to which i say,   "whoa nellie! "  ....whilst
preamps can be very cool
> sometimes,  when invoking the silvertone 1471 (of
which i have one) and it's
> very similar fraternal twin 1481 ( of which i have
three) ....cletus says,
> "don't mess with perfection"!!!
>
> those amps are perfect harp amps as is...why anyone
would want to mess with
> an already  perfect harp amp is a mystery to me

cause it sounds better that way :)
i mean, seriously, if my ears tell me it sounds better
hooked up to the HC, then no matter how many people
who haven't heard it say that it's perfect, i'm gonna
trust my ears. maybe i have a crappy one. not all 1471
age the same, and i found that, while i liked how mine
sounded without it, it sounded louder and fuller -
more "3D" - with the preamp than without. dunno what
else to say about that. i'm certainly not suggesting
it ain't cool as is ;)