[Harp-L] Re: Tom Morgan

Lurking on this list, I see lots of folks with "....." between their first name and their last one....I suppose either as replacements for somewhat embarrassing middle names that family tradition requires parents to saddle their progeny with, or as attempts to somehow describe the talents, skills, playing style or demeanor of the individual in a few words....kind of a catchy calling card....a "nom de harp" if you will.....

This "calling card" is notably absent in the case of Tommy Morgan.....

This blatant disregard for Harmonica Tradition is just not right....

Admittedly, he can play anything that writers (good and bad) put in front of him, be in tune with any section of the orchestra (including violins-sharp, clarinets-flat, flutes-sharper).....has NEVER said "that can't be played on the harmonica" to a writer....this "name" thing is something that is going to be of great concern to him in the business sooner or later, and somebody HAS to let him know about this major lapse.....

I guess I'll mention it to him...

somebody has to....this just ain't right.