[Harp-L] Improving Improvisation on Chromatic

I have been asked by several players about improving improvisation on chromatic and would the Grand Canyon Harmonica Seminar be right for this.

I introduced Clint Hoover to Chromatic and Randy Singer and Rob Paparozzi and I gave some lessons to Mike Turk and William Galison and Curtis Salgado, and Damien Masterson and many others.

What I cover is all your scales and arpeggios (chords) and their patterns in 24 keys and I give you part one of my Method covering about 10 years of practice on scales and arpeggios - worth $100.

Then we cover rhythm and include my Bona Rhythm Etudes, also worth $100, and now you are well on your way to being able to go through any piece of music, for example, play the head to any tune, without having to struggle. This way you can cover 15 tunes in an hour and figure out which one you want to play and improvise over. You can go to a jazz sax teacher and work on improv and you will speak the same language, the language of music.

We then cover advance techniques like corner switching, all different forms of articulation from tonguing to biting to tonguing out of both sides of your mouth, and then different kinds of vibrato from hand to throat to breath to tongue to bend vibrato.

We cover playing duets, jazz duets and even Bach.

We cover phrasing, which combines rhythm and articulation and vibrato to dynamics. Volume and tone, playing with power is all covered. Most importantly I show you how to practice this stuff so it is NOT overwhelming.

The above is just the tools - where you go with the tools is up to you!

Rob Paparozzi does a magnificent job of putting it all together with the diatonic and the chromatic, and Dennis Gruenling shows how to approach the chromatic from the blues side.

If you only play Diatonic, you already know how to play chromatic a GREAT deal- single notes, blow and draw, vibrato, tone, and all the scales in sharp keys. I guarantee if you come to the Grand Canyon from Sep 1-6, you will changed and you will leave with tools to go where you want on chromatic.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com