Re: [Harp-L] modeling vs tubes

rainbowjimmy wrote:
> Tube amps are easier. You plug in a mic, you play. You get one
> good sound (or one lousy sound)

I don't know about that.  You plug in a mic, you play.  You get one
sound.  You like it, cool!  You don't like it?  Try a different
mic.  Try a different tube combination.  Try a different speaker.
Finally got something you like?  Try it in a different room.  Not
loud enough?  Too loud?  Try a different mic.  Try a different tube
combination.  Try a different speaker.  Try a different amp.
Finally got something you like?  Try it in the studio...

;-)

> I like seeing the tubes glow. I like the tolex. I like the big
> jewel light. I even like the hiss.

I'm with you there, brother.  I especially like how warm they are.
Seriously.  I love putting my hand on the top of the cabinet and
feeling the warm tolex...

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps