[Harp-L] modeling vs tubes

Tube amps are easier. You plug in a mic, you play. You get one good sound (or
one lousy sound)

Modelers are cheap and light and sound okay and you can plug it right into the
PA. You need to spend a lot of time with them to get a good sound. You get lots
of effects. They're getting better all the time.

I like having my own amp and using the PA only for vocals--KISS principle.

I like seeing the tubes glow. I like the tolex. I like the big jewel light. I
even like the hiss.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm