Re: [Harp-L] When the Levee Breaks

Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:04:45 -0900
From: "Brandon Zarzoza" <bzarzoza@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] When the Levee Breaks
>I am pretty new to the harp in general; I've been playing about a year.
>On Led Zeppelin IV, the song when the levee breaks, what is that sound?
>I'm a rank amature so I can't tell if it's amplified harp, which would be
>awesome because I would love to be able to play that some day. Or if it's
>slide guitar; if it is slide, how would you approximate that sound on
>harp.
>Thanks in advance
>-Brandon

Hi Brandon,
  During the introduction Harmonica is played through the left channel,
slide guitar through the right.  From there you should be able to recognise
when it chips in later on.
   It sounds like the harp player's using some distorted amplification  and
plenty of echo which hides a multitude of sins.  :)
  I learnt some Led Zep songs to play at the open mic when I was getting to
grips with the harmonica.
Cheers,
-- G.