Re: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci 2/20/2006 SF Show Available Now

It's been a while since I've checked out a JRNB show on line (frankly, I
overdid it last year and was a bit burned out - it is overwhelming. That,
and I finally discovered Satan and Adam after 18 years of playing, and
that's a whole other meal to digest).  Anyway, based on Chris' suggestion I
checked out the first part of this show last night, and wow. The boys have
evolved yet again - an absolutely amped-up jazzy version of Baked Potato -
tight and fresh, and then a death-defying Mellow Down.  The latter made me
actually scold the computer out loud - "Dude, you're starting this WAY too
fast."  And I'll be damned if they don't pull it off.  I mean, Jason's speed
and virtuosity is always out of this world, but even as a seasoned fan, I
was certain that they were careening out of control throughout the whole
song. I have no idea how the rhythm section didn't burst in to flames, or to
mix metaphors, how the whole song didn't derail. But it / they didn't.

I'll download the whole show this weekend. looking forward to Michael's Sax
work. This show's not for the timid, I can tell already. You've been warned.

 - Blake