Re: [Harp-L] Which PA System?

Iron Man Writes: I checked out powered speakers and mixers.  They're nice,
but 1. you
need AC power running to EACH speaker AND the mixer, and 2. they're
expensive.  That's why I went with a Carvin Stagemate.

I also checked out the Carvin site and saw what I think would be the best
system for my purposes.  The one I'm looking at is the PS620 which is a six
channel 200 watt system with two 15 inch speakers.  This is way more than I
need for the small settings we want to play in but I just can't see sinking
money in a system that won't serve in a larger situation if the need comes
up.  I don't own any kind of system now (just my harp amps.) and I guess
it's time I invested in something that has some versatility to it. I really
hadn't ever given PA systems a second thought before but looking into it had
made me realize that it's something I should have given my situation.

One thing I've learned is that there is real plethora of companies out
there.  The Carvin stuff appeals to me because of it's clear,
straight-forward design.  I'm sure there is better stuff out there but I
don't want to spend for ever looking for it.  Buddy of mine has a Carvin
Vintage series guitar amp and it sounds pretty nice.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh