[Harp-L] Amp Tech Problem (small harmonica content)

Hi All,

I am having a problem with my amp - or, more correctly - with my amp tech. this is, of course, the amp I play my harmonica through ;-). Here's the deal:

Friday, February 10th, my amp went out (not playing at all). On the 11th, I took the amp to a reputable repair man who was able to get it working somewhat within a few minutes and then pronounced that I was wrong and that there was nothing wrong with the amp and all it needed was a little cleaning and some repair to the casing. He cleaned the electronic parts that he felt needed it and repaired the casing for a very reasonable price of $45.00. The amp came back to me on the 16th of February.

When I brought the amp home, it immediately started acting up, so I brought it back to the repair man the next day. This time the amp started crackling and popping in front of him and he agreed that there was a problem. He said he would look into it and get it back to me as soon as he could. I called him yesterday for the second time after the 17th of February to ask if he had made any progress and he told me that he had still not looked at the amp. He then proceeded to tell me that he, for whatever reason, could not work on my amp during regular business hours. He is the owner of the shop, so it isn't like I made some sort of side deal with someone who had to sneak the work in.

Anyway, given the quick turn-around time the first time I brought the amp in I was quite taken back by the fact that he had not even bothered to look at the amp when I had to bring it back. I was certainly very nice to him and I figured that since he didn't catch the problem the first time he would want to get right on it after I brought it back. Instead, after nearly 3 weeks, he won't even tell me when he will get a chance to look at it.

This guy is reputable, but he is neither that famous or busy that I was in anyway expecting to wait so long for the work to be done. This is not the Dick Gardner of amplifiers, it is just a reputable guy. Should I go get my amp back and blow him off (there are plenty of other guys out here) or should I give him more time? What are your thoughts,

Michael