Re: [Harp-L] Re: hummel figurine

Lynwood Slim is awfully good.  He does considerably more than most blues
 players with the chromatic. Not only does he spend a lot of time not
in third position, but he, gasp, uses the button.  He plays a lot of
horn lines and sings well.  Kind of the Eddie Vinson or Louis Jordan of
the blues harmonica.

My local (Bay Area) favorites are Hummel and R. J. Mischo.  R. J. isn't
a technical freak, but he has a feel for the blues that very few players
can match.

Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me

http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly

Yes, it's what everyone has been clamoring for--pictures of the cats:

http://ratemykitten.com/my/?gallery=willie_mctell

Chris Michalek wrote:
Hummel is a great player but I gotta say Jason Ricci is the most
"technically brilliant blues harmonica" player on the scene.  I know
he doesn't play the chromatic but Ricci's sound is so freash and
original it supercedes the chromtic.

Dennis Gruenling is also one of the most incredibly gifted and
brilliantly technical players out there.  He so damn good that most
people have no idea how tecnhical he really is.