[Harp-L] Jelly in the apple!

a week or 2 ago I posted about Jellyroll Johnson's NY engagement  at The Triad NYC, I was able to make the show.

Jelly accompanied singer songwriter Fred Knobloch who's written songs for everyone from Faith Hill to Delbert McClinton. Fred is quite entertaining and is also a cool singer and killer guitarist ( are there ANY bad Gtr players in Nashville?,-)

But ofcourse (and NOT just because I'm a Harp Player) Jellyroll's playing put the whole duo in perspective. Dynamically shaping the form of each song on either Diatonic or Chromatic with 'finesse' to DIE for. Every lick says something and connects the dots to create a musical panorama. How lucky Nashville is to have Jellyroll Johnson on the "A-Team".

Jelly used something like a shure 58 played right thru the board sans efx and lack nothing is beautiful, rich sound!

Just the fact that these two traveled ALL day to get from Nashville to NY via Planes and trains and then put on a stellar show is just amazing.

Bravo Jelly! and thanx for having me sit in. Both myself and Ben Natanson had a most enjoyable time...thanx
rob paparozzi