[Harp-L] Making MIDI sound real (was Band in a box )

Hi-
MIDI is just information--does not become sound until it hits your
synthesizer. And so the quality of the sound is dependent upon what you send
it to. I like the Sound Canvas line of synths made by Roland because they
are General MIDI (so they work with most sequences) and generally sound
good.

Most computers these days don't even have a MIDI card, they just us the
digital audio card to create a soft synth.  That can be good-but it also
uses up your resources. Check the internet for software synths-I personal
don't use them, but there are lots of 'em!

As far as dollar, I think BIAB is an astounding value. But it isn't designed
to sound like a pop record-it's a practice tool mostly.  If you want they
sequences to sound realistic, save the BIAB tracks to a sequencer and edit
them-you can do a lot there.

Gary