Re: [Harp-L] Silver Face Fender Vibro Champ?

Michael Fugazzi wrote:
> Any info on these amps for harp?  I was offered a good deal on
> one, but don't know much about them for harp.  I use dynamic mics
> and tend to play cleaner then those striving for a Chicago sound.

I have an early 70s silver face Vibro Champ that I absolutely love.
You can get them to sound like just about anything with the right
combination of mic and volume/tone adjustments.  I used to play mine
pretty clean using a Shure hi-Z dynamic mic (PE515), then switched
to the JT-30, and later a variety of cystal mics for some dirtier
sounds.

I'm curious what a "good deal" is on one of these anymore.  I've
seen them go for $200-300 on ebay, in good condition.  I bought mine
in a pawn shop in 1974 for $60, and thought that was a fortune.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/