[Harp-L] Vehicle

Hello,

I'm blowing for a friend's CD release this March 15th, and because of the date we're covering "Vehicle" by the band, Ides of March. I'm having a blast playing the horn lines...it's as if they were written for 3rd position harp. There's a lot of "call and response" going on between voice and horns and almost all of it can be done with powerful harp octaving on the diatonic. And, at about mid-song there's some great bending workouts on the 4 and 6 draws.

If you wanted to play along with the original recording in Eb minor, using octaves and bends in the same range as the main horn line, you would need a low Db diatonic. Thankfully, the singer on this upcoming gig of mine is more comfortable in E minor so I'm using a low D(I don't own a low Db). I'm half tempted to octave the whole thing on a CX-12 D but I really want those diatonic bends on 4 and 6....decisions, decisions, decisions.......

Anyhow, I thought I'd share a gem of a harp tune if it hasn't been found already!

enjoy..

James