[Harp-L] Re: Improving Lung Capacity

 Absolutely.  You can both improve your control as well as your lung strength and capacity.  I have to take forced volume exhalation tests every year as part of my annual dive physicals.  Anyone who knows me know that I have been a hardhat diver for over 25 years.  I also have a vacation hobby of big-game spearfishing.  There is a device called a  "powerLung"   http://www.powerlung.com/  that (if used correctly and on a disciplined regime) will improve your lungs dramatically.  It works on a resistance principle, bot in and out.  I have personally benefitted and have witnessed several friends who have had very good results.  You can use it while watching TV at home in your favorite chair.  But, I would advise against using while driving.  You can get dizzy if you lose track of your biofeedback signals.
For what it's worth.

Ron in Greenville
Underwater Janitor, Patriot