[Harp-L] breathing exercises or not

About seven  years ago I had a pulmonary embolism.
( blood clots in the lungs).  You breath but your absorbtion
of oxygen is greatly reduced. You can suffocate even
though you are breathing.

While I was recouperating in the hospital they gave me
a device for lung therapy. It was a tube with a ball in it.
They brought it in and had me try it out. Their eyes popped
out when I shot  the ball to the top no sweat. The medical
students said the best  they could do is halfway.

I do not make a practice of doing breathing exercises.
When they first took x-rays they said take a deep breath.
My lungs went off the film. The next shot they said don't
take a deep breath.

Imho i think scales and arpeggios are great  breathing exercises.
I think  jogging and swimming  could be helpful.

Emile Diggs D'Amico