Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic Blues - NOT Mike Turk

Damien Masterson wrote:
> Thanks for the post, but that's not MIke Turk, that's me. That
> was the solo I played over "Stormy Monday" in Howard Levy's "Harp
> Summit" in Minneapolis.

Sorry for the mixup!  Credit where credit is due; thanks for
straightening me out.  I didn't record this, as I was unable to
attend the summit (my daughter was born the week prior), so I had no
way of knowing the artists unless they were introduced.  Before your
piece Mike Turk was on stage and was introduced, and did play a solo
section over the changes to Stormy Monday, and you can hear the REAL
Mike Turk here:

http://www.workingmansharps.com/Sounds/other/Mike%20Turk%20Solo.mp3

Damien's solo, now properly labeled, lives here now:

http://www.workingmansharps.com/Sounds/other/Damien%20Masterson%
20Solo.mp3

Profound stylistic differences, to be sure.  Damien, next time you
jump on stage with Howard Levy and rip some cooler-than-cool licks
like that, make sure you're properly introduced!  And I'll double
check my sources before I label my recordings.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/