[Harp-L] re: blues on the chromatic

I love blues on the chromatic. I bought a chromatic harp after listening to Jr Wells. Nothing ground breaking, just 3rd position but beautiful, very soulful. A lot of fun to play and the D minor key allows the band to get spacey and psychedelic. I usually start out with every intention to play just like Mr Wells then I get spaced out and wind up playing real strange stuff by the end.

For ground breaking jaw dropping stuff, listen to Paul Delay live. That guy can play the chromatic. Very tender. Very pretty. Tone to die for. Charlie Musselwhite does a nice job too--he switches back and forth from chromatic to diatonic through the song. William Clarke isn't too bad either.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm