RE: [Harp-L] Subject Re: Update from Convention Central - SPAH

Hi Paul,
Is the SPAH convention put on video for those of us in other countries who
are unable to attend? The line up you have given below is so tempting to
come over (from New Zealand) for but then I may not have the right front
door key when I get home as my wife may change the locks!

You don't pay airfare for those volunteers you're calling out for do you, he
he.

Nate in the BluesRoom
http://www.communityradio.co.nz/index.asp?PageID=2145835508

Message: 15

Paul Davies writes:

"Hi Gang,

Here's an update from Convention Central:

The  Filisko team who will man the teach in and be availble during the week
are
Joe, Buzz, Jimmy Gordon,Jellyroll, Michael Peloquin, Allen Holmes,  Jimi
Lee,
Dennis Oellig, Johnny Bishop, George Brooks, Winslow, Jason  Ricci, Cara
Cooke, Wally Peterman, Dennis Gruenling, Gary Primich, Robert  Bonfiglio, PT

Gazell, Bill Bucco,Michael Rubin, Jerry Devillier and Joe  Degelia.  The
teach in
will be Thursday- Sat  afternoons.

Wednesday night Wally Peterman and Phil Caltabellotta  take the stage
followed with Al Chesis a local Traditional Blues player in  Denver, and Joe
Filisko
and Mob will close the show.

Thursday night  will open with Winslow performing a Traditional set of
Celtic
and Scottish  tunes, followed by PT Gazell backed by Ron Kalina on piano and

Neil  Haverstick on guitar doing what PT does best (diatonic standards on a

valved diatonic harp). "The Hotshots Unplugged" will treat us with new
material worked up with less midi tracks.

The blues portion  (starting about 9:15)  will open with Jason's band,  New
Blood  backing up Limi Lee, Buzz Krantz, and Allen Holmes for 3 short sets.
The
 evening will close with Gary Primich and New Blood.

Friday's show  opens with Ron Kalina on Jazz Chromatic, Yellow Pine Trio,
then into the  blues portion of the show, Jason Ricci and Dennis Gruenling.

Sat  night Robert Bonfiglio and the great Stan Harper.  If you have never
heard Stan play he's famous for "No that can't be done on a  harp"

Seminars are being worked on as we speak.  Any ideas  would be greatly
appreciated.  Jimi lee will cover afternoon jams  with Buzz at the helm for
the
evening.  Evening blues jams will start  about 11:00.

Hotel rates at the Denver Renaissance are 84/night up  to August 7th so book

early.  If you need a registration pack it's  down loadable at SPAH.org.
Visa
and MC are available this year (yes  Michael was the first to us it yeah
Michael) .  A Harp-l meeting  should be called. I'll need a volunteer.  In
fact
volunteer  opportunties are always available just let me know.

As I get closer  to the final schedule I'll keep you posted. I'm always
looking for input  and suggestions

Paul Davies"