[Harp-L] Re:Sad News from NYC

    Sad News from NYC, we've lost Arif Mardin, the Turkish-American record
Producer to Cancer at age 74.
Arif was the guiding force and musical architect behind many Pop Artists and
hit records in the past half-century.

         Artists like: Aretha Franklin, Bee Gees, Roberta Flack, Bette
Midler, Chaka Khan, The Young Rascals, Phil Collins, Hall & Oates, Donny
Hathaway, Norah Jones to name a few! The Winner of 12 Grammys, Arif was the
backbone behind what became known as the ATLANTIC SOUND with his co-workers
Jerry Wexler and Ahmet & Neshui Ertegun & Tom Dowd.

   I had the good fortune and honor to work with Arif Mardin  playing
(Chromatic Harmonica) on The Roberta Flack CD "Set the Night to Music" and
he was a  gentleman and an expert in bringing out the best in the musicians
he worked with.

    The Industry and Music World have lost a GENTLE GIANT!! RIP Mr.
Mardin...thank you for all the great records!

Love & Peace,
Rob Paparozzi