RE: [Harp-L] new recorder available

Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:45:09 +0100
From: "Isabelle Knight" <iknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] new recorder available
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
>I agree, the quality is great through the line-in but not much good
>through the internal mic.
>
>Does anyone know if anything (small and portable) could be used to sit
>between the mic and the recorder to turn the input from mic to line-in?
>
>I did it with a computer in the middle, i.e. microphone into computer
>and line-out from computer into line-in of the mobiblu and it worked
>very well. Now I need something portable to achieve the same effect.
>
>Thanks,
>Isabelle

Hi Isabelle,
  I was in this same position when I bought my first mini disc recorder.  I
hunted around all the online shops and retailers for something that would
fit the bill, and was amazed that there was nothing like this in a portable
form.
  Eventually I approached Ron Holmes and asked if he could make me one, and
he agreed, charged me a modest price, and it works a real treat!  It's a
small metal box with rubber feet, at one end you have 4mm stereo input and
output, an on/off switch.  It runs on a 9Volt battery which lasts for ages,
it's simple to replace if you have phillips screw driver.  I use NiMH
rechargables.
  Ron's website is: http://www.holmeseng.com/
He's mostly known here for the Harp Commander, and doing mods to tube amps
and effect pedals.
Cheers,
-- G.