[Harp-L] fender #2 inputs

i use a short cable to bridge the #2 normal input to the #1 bright input on my Fender bassman ri (and bassman ri ltd) . then use both volume knobs set about equal ( between 3 and 4) . set all the tone and presence knobs straight up and down. i then plug my bullet mic into the normal #1 input. i seem to get richer tone by bridging the normal and bright channels. those of you who play these dependable and handsome tweed howitzers know that the very slightest increments up from volume settings 3 to 4 result in tremendous volume increases . i almost never need to go above volume 4 to get ridiculously loud ( "and it goes to 12" -nod to spinal tap- ) the usual NOS tube swaps of course apply .

cletus h. white