RE: [Harp-L] fender #2 inputs

Christos wrote:

Hi all,

   I agree with John on using the two input on my Bassman ltd. I also
feel I can get a broader range of sounds and tones. Especially if I want
to kick it a bit, the # two input leaves some room "upward". I want to
switch all three ax7s to ay7s, or at least the first two ax7s to  ay7s
to the right,  looking at the amp from the back. I will compare the
sound and choose. Any thoughts? I just bought 3 NOS ay7s ready to
experiment.

Best of everything,

Christos

The two AY7s should do fine. This should give you some clean headroom
and some thickness when you spank it hard. I tried using two AU7s, but
the amp had no "bite" to it. The AYs sounded better. If I didn't have
the Kinder Anti-Feedback+, I would definitely use two AYs. As it is now,
I use an AY/AX/AX compliment reminiscent of the '59 Bassman lineup.

John Balding