[Harp-L] Bill Barrett

Hello All,

Chip writes:

I seen Bill Barret work a coffee cup as a mute and he also has some tasty sonic
trickery. He plays quirky jazz on a CX-R.. wonder what happened to him?

Well, Bill is out in the LA area and has 3 (yes 3) children born in about a 4 year period or less and is pretty busy at home these days, but he is still out running around and recording. He just made a recording the other day for something "smooth jazz" and he is just announcing his second CD release with his group the Mentones. Here is some info on it:
_______________________
The Mentones second CD
"Nowhere Calling,"
is now available for your pleasure (we hope).

we will be having the record release gig at Poo Bah Records  in Pasadena
July 9th.
I'll send out a proper E-Flyer closer to the show.

read about it and listen to two cuts here:

http://pfmentum.com/PFMCD039.html

or here:

http://stigsite.com/mentonesnowhere1.html

it's not on their website yet, but i bet you'll be able to buy it here soon:

http://www.indiejazz.com/ProductsList.aspx?words=liebig&sf1=

for more things Mentone, i hear that there is some video footage of us here:

portableuniverse.tv  - - look for episode 86-Best of Cryptonight...click on
the link that says "Complete episodes now available"

http://www.billbarrett.net ______________________

Keep an eye out for him. He is one of the most interesting players I have heard in recent years.

Michael