Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Digitech Vx400 users aboard?

Hi Randy & Bill,

<<try the bullet mike with a  clean setting, not necessarily with one of the distortion settings,  experiment.

I will.
Despite the days that passed meanwhile, I haven't had time to touch the machine again to experiment - tonight hopefully.

> I find it a pity there's no jack input for a mike.<
<LOOK MORE CAREFULLY, I BELIEVE BOTH MODELS ( 300 AND 400 ) have both quarter inch and xlr inputs

I know there's a line-in jack (in the back), but with the one mike I tried it didn't work.
I'll try another mike tonight.

<<I CAN STACK MULTIPLE EFFECTS WITH THE 400

The manual says that's impossible (??), and I haven't found any clues about how to do that.

<<CALL ME ON THE FONE ONDAY, I WILL READ SOME OF MY PRESETS TO YOU.

Thanks, I appreciate that offer.
I'll prepare for that first, experimenting more, since I have to call you from Europe.

and Bill wrote: <<I tried experimenting with a Green Bullet or an Astatic into the 1/4 inch input and the Shure 57 into the XLR input.  But I couldn't really get one gain setting on the back of the unit that would work with both mics. And it's not in a spot where you want to be messing with it on the fly. <

I still have to get that jack input working; you're ahead of me in experimenting :-)
Maybe Randy already knows a solution?
Sorry for the delay in replying BTW.

Ludo