To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:18 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Vocal and Harmonica Microphone

Matt Smart <matthewsmart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can somone recommend a good microphone that I can single vocals through and
play harp? I want to play with some hand technique and don't want to play
though a bullet or holding another mike. I am looking for a mike that will
pick up my harp technique a few inches away..if that makes sense..

Hi Matt,

I've been very pleased with the new Shure 545SD and prefer it to a 57 or 58. Clean for either vocals or harp, and has an off-on switch. Lists around $163 but can be had for much less if you shop around. Check: http://www.activemusician.com/item--EM.SHU-545SD-LC

cheers,
Tom Ball