Re: [Harp-L] RE: Consecutive overblows (WAS Howard Levy update)

george brooks is quite the MF on the harp these days. He's working on things that few others will ever work on.  IF only we all had the discipline that GB has the harp would be much further along in this world.

Speaking of working on stuff, Howard mentioned working on the Lydian Augmented Mode. In fact, has been working on the Melodic Minor Modes for nearly ten years. It was in 1997 he he gave me a coltrane aebersold CD and told me to work on that stuff too.  I looked into it but never got very deep.  Still nine years later Howard is only up to the Lydian Augmented Mode which is basically centered around the maj7#5 chord.   If you're into the mm modes then the Lydian aug mode is equal the Melodic Minor scale that is a 3rd below the LAM  ie; C Lydian Aug Mode = A Melodic Minor Scale.