Re: [Harp-L] wiki harp

Jonathan Ross wrote:
BostonMoeJo posted the cryptic message of just this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonica

Ah, the wiki harmonica page. Like all wikis it is a mixed bag at best. There is some information there which would be of use to those first coming to the subject, a ton of useless stuff, some misleading stuff and some just plain wrong stuff. For those who actually, you know, want to research it's best to use a wiki as a source of links and a brief input to get ideas to more thoroughly research.
Hi Jonathan,

I agree with you on what you say about wikis and information on the internet in general. One has to have the ability to filter what is good from the ton of false or partly true information. On average, though, the wiki is quite correct about things. So it is a positive thing.
And actually, there are editors for wikis. That is, anybody can be an editor (2 bladed knife). And I believe that the work of editing the information available to the best of your knowledge is as important as the work to add new information, and that, as the page gets more popular, more aknowledged potential editors might want to change what they know is wrong or misleading, thus refining the quality of the information display. I haven't checked the page, but you could have changed yourself the quotes that you have selected, contributing to the wiki.

Cheers,
Fernando