[Harp-L] Shure CM element question

I just picked up a couple of Shure 444 desk mics with Hi-z CM elements.
These are the plastic mics with the grill that screws off like a peanut
butter jar lid.

Both of these elements appear to have a thin pressed on shield over the face
of the element with one hole in the center. When looking through the center
hole it appears that the normal holes are visible underneath. What is your
experience with these? Should I cut these covers off with snips or ?

I harvested an element from one of these previously which did not have this
one-holed cover.

Thanks in advance,
Jay