[Harp-L] registration still available for Harmonica class at Hill Country Acoustic Music Camp

We are a week away from the camp, but registration is still available for
the harmonica class.  There was a snafu in the registration page that was
recently discovered and fixed, so if you tried to register earlier and wound
up not finding how, you can register now online at www.hcamp.org.   (The
snafu?  The webpage form did not include harmonica on the list of classes,
so those who did register ended up being placed by the computer in one of
the stringed instrument classes.  If you also attempted to register, but may
have ended up in a stringed class by mistake, contact the camp and they will
help you straighten the problem out.)

At the moment, my harmonica class at the camp is real small, so it would be
a good opportunity for anyone who is interested in taking some
folk/bluegrass/country harmonica instruction from me to do so.  The camp is
a week long and very economical.  With room and board on campus and the
classes, the entire week will cost just over $500.  And you can leave out
the room and board if necessary.

The Hill Country Acoustic Music Camp (www.hcamp.org) will take place
starting the middle of next week at the Schreiner University campus in
Kerrville, Tx. and will run for 5 days.  The instruments included at the
camp are banjo, mandolin, flatpick and fingerstyle guitar, bass, fiddle,
mountain dulcimer, and hammered dulcimer -- as well as harmonica.  And the
camp is open to the idea of a student doing some study on a second
instrument, as well.  You can communicate such desires on the online
registration form in the comments area.  Both classes and jamming are a part
of the curriculum, so they event should provide a well-rounded experience
for the student.  It will be our opportunity to learn to jam with stringed
instrument players and blend and our opportunity to help the stringed
instrument players learn to jam with us -- maybe even help them learn what
info a harmonica player needs to know to be able to be a good harp player in
the jam, rather than an obnoxious one.

So, if you wanted to attend, but could not figure out the form, here's your
chance.  The form is fixed.

If you registered, but you may have been placed in the wrong class, contact
the the camp and check up on your registration.

Camps like this for harmonica players are rare, but I hope this is a
beginning to making them more common.

Cara Cooke
www.cyberharp.isonfire.com