[Harp-L] re: classical suggestions

Tom Albanese writes:

"Another classical "simple tune" that can be played on diatonic is Ravel's
Bolero. A great first position exercise. What makes both of these pieces very
good exercises for diatonic is that the bends have to be spot on or they sound
like crap. So they really can put your accuracy to the test and are great
practice workouts. "

Thanks, I was mostly thinking for chromatic, but since I was looking for technical workouts instead of things I'd learn to perform and such, why not try diatonic as well. Like trying "Take the "A" Train", I find playing things that might never actually be able to work out fully just for the challenge of the technique can be some of the best workouts (as long as I don't get discouraged, of course).

Again, thanks--I hadn't thought about Bolero, but it is such a simple piece that it would be easy enough to give a try at on several instruments at once (it's not like you'd have trouble remembering the melody:). Poor Ravel, though--a very gifted composer, but like Berlioz and his "Symphony Fantastique" only one work is ever regularly performed.

()() JR "Bulldogge" Ross () () & Snuffy, too:) `----'