Fwd: Re: [Harp-L] Purchasing Rivets

Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 23:49:30 -0000
From: "Winslow Yerxa" <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Fwd:  Re: [Harp-L] Purchasing Rivets

>Sissy is always very nice; she's a classy lady. But alas, no MS rivets.
Damn.

>Fernando Bresslau notes that Hohner no longer use MS rivets in the
>factory, even for the MS line.
  It's always the way, you find an excellent component, and then its
discontinued.  It was the same with the tape that made fantastic valves.
Not to mention long slot Mellow Tone reedplates.

>As to harponlin.de, it has been back in business for some time, now
>under the operation of Tony Ramos.
  I hadn't checked for some tie.  I was aware he'd put up harponline.com,
and at the time found it has far fewer components on offer - it appears
this has changed now.  And I've just now visited harponline.de
Thanks for bringing me up to speed.

>And it does offer MS rivets, at least for the time being,
  Excellent news, I had a hunt around, but they allude me - does Tony list
them on the English site?  Otherwise where are they on the German site?

>though under protest as they favor using screws to fasten reeds.
  Glad he's carrying on the tradition.   :)

>Winslow
Cheers,
-- G.