Fwd: Re: [Harp-L] Purchasing Rivets

Hohner USA doesn't sell MS rivets - I tried a few months ago. They
just have - and will supply - the classic "sausage link" rivets - a
wires of soft metal with the end of each rivet length marked with a
pinch in the wire - just break one off from the end.

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, G <gigs@...> wrote:

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 23:06:59 -0400
"Matt Smart" <matthewsmart@...> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me a bonified way to purchase rivets for replacing
reeds. I
> am having difficulty locating a source. Thanks

  Contact your nearest Hohner outlet and order brand new MS rivets, a
hundred should see you right for maintaining your own stock, they can be
bought by the thousand.
  Hohner's contacts around the globe are listed here:
http://www.angelfire.com/music/HarpOn/maintstart.html#hohner
  Failing that, go to your favourite music shop, and ask them to order the
rivets through their Hohner supplier - there may be a lengthy delay whilst
waiting for the next shipping.

Cheers,
-- G.