Re: Re: [Harp-L] re: Questions about Special 20's and Golden Melody's

Paul Bowering wrote:
> I do however find Tim's use of MB plates on a SP20
> comb curious. The SP20 has a full compliment of keys
> and identical reedsets. I would simply use MB
> coverplates. What's the reasoning?

The issue is the source for parts.  It's far easier to get ABS combs
than Marine Band coverplates alone.  Faced with this prospect, the
simplest path for me is to buy a Marine Band and take off the covers
and reed plates, then either take the ABS comb from a spent Special
20 (I have an inventory of these) or from a new inexpensive Hohner
(Pocket Pal or Bluesband, who's combs are very similar), and fit the
Marine Band parts to the comb.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps