Subject: Re: [Harp-L] re: Questions about Special 20's and Golden Melody's

Paul Bouwering writes (snipped):

"I do however find Tim's use of MB plates on a SP20
comb curious.  The SP20 has a full compliment of keys
and identical reedsets. I would  simply use MB
coverplates. What's the reasoning?

Paul'

....yes...I'm interested in that too.  I knew he'd been talking  about Golden
Melody's..so went back to reread the thread...saw what you  did...Tim's
mention that "The T-Bone and
Journeyman have MB  plates mounted on Special 20 combs."

I'm thinking he's perhaps talking about using  reclaimed reed plates from
vintage (wood-bodied) MB's on newer  plastic-combed Special 20 combs?, but would
love more  info. Tim?

Elizabeth