Fwd: [Harp-L] D/G 12 hole tuning for Sailor's Hornpipe

Gary -

What's the D/G tuning you're referring to?

By the way, I agree about the unfortunateness of the 12-hole Solo 364
Marine Band coming only in regular C - it was probably meant as a
"starter" instrument for 12-hole chromatic, but it could be much more
useful to players in additional keys. I bought a couple hoping that
they were in the tenor range like the regular 364 (they're not).  I've
been toying with the idea of working up my soldering skills and tuning
one down to G for fiddle tunes.

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary Lehmann" <hqr@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Retuning harps has taken over my life-

I just took the drill to a solo tuned Marine Band (idiot only comes in
one
key!) to convert it to D/G and lo and behold, Sailor's Hornpipe in G!

Anybody else try this tuning?

I have tab in Fletch for anyone who wants it.

Gary