Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Shrimp Daddy and the at the Roc & Docs

Thurgood writes:

"In defence of Shrimp Daddy (usual disclaimers apply) who posted the
gig notice that seems to have caused the distress:  as I read it,  he gave
the date, time, name of venue, a phone number, and the name of  the city
- Port Credit.  True, not one of the world's major  centres, but a name
familiar I think to most Canadians; certainly to  those in Ontario, which
is a sizeable chunk of the country's  populace.  If I'm wrong, other
Canuckians can chime in ... (Not  that it much matters in the grand
scheme of things, I  suppose).

- thurg

....and like you, I found it "no big deal" in the overall scheme of
things....since I actually took the time (all 30 seconds of it) to paste  his website
info into my browser ....look into his 'bio" and gig info when  I realized it
was missing....and find out that he was indeed located in  Ontario.  Wow.  How
difficult was that?  Now I suppose in  the interests of efficiency I could
have written to complain about  the "huge" waste of my time Shrimp Daddy thus
caused me in order  to find out just where his band was located?   Maybe I
should  send him a bill?  :)

I also gather that like me you wondered why a simple  email to the man to ask
him just where he was located wouldn't have  served a particular list member
far better than reading him the  riot act publicly for daring to omit his
town/location?

Oops...guess I'm also one of those who opts to quote another's post  first
before responding to it.  My bad, Thurg. Guess  that'll eliminate me from that
perfect poster's further perusal,  forestalling any subsequent continued, as
usual complaints.  Phew. Am I relieved!

Elizabeth